Accessibility and Inclusion
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is committed to providing people with disabilities equal opportunity to access Town goods, services, and facilities, respecting the core principles of independence, dignity, and inclusion and will make every effort to ensure that it promotes and supports all requirements as legislated under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
Accessibility Feedback Process
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help to identify barriers and respond to concerns. Customers will be able to provide feedback on the way the Town provides goods, services, or facilities to people with disabilities in the following ways:
- online through the Town's website http://www.townofws.ca/en/town-hall/Feedback.asp
- by telephone at 905-640-1900 or 1-855-642-8696, ext. 2279 or ext. 2267
- by e-mail to the Town's Human Resources Manager or Human Resources Generalist
- by mail to Human Resources Department, 111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville, ON L4A 1J5 (please note that envelopes should be marked "Confidential Accessibility Feedback")
- In person at the Centralized Customer Service Centre at 111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville by asking for the Human Resources Manager
Complaints will be handled in accordance with the Town's Administrative Policy No. 68 - Public Complaint Handing Policy with a written response or update within 20 business days.
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville will endeavour to make our feedback process accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports upon request.
Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville Accessibility Advisory Committee advises Council on accessibility planning and related standards to prevent and reduce barriers experienced by persons with disabilities, and performs all other functions that are specified in Regulations made under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, S. O. 2005, Chapter 11, as amended and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 S.O. 2001, Chapter 32, as amended. The public may contact the Advisory Committee at any time by email should they wish to discuss any accessibility matters in our community.
Please click here to learn more about the work of the Committee.
Please click here for tips for people with disabilities and/or special needs taken from the Emergency Preparedness guide for York Region.