By-law Enforcement is responsible for enforcing Municipal By-laws to ensure a safe, quiet and enjoyable community for all residents. We are also here as a resource if you have questions or concerns relating to by-laws or other enforcement issues.
Our By-law Enforcement Officers investigate noise complaints, property standards issues, littering and dumping, parking and other matters concerning the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville.
Common By-law Inquiries/Complaints include:
- Animal Control: Patrol services are performed under one contract and all animals are impounded at Vaughan Animal Services, 70 Tigi Crt, Unit 47, Vaughan ON L4K 5E4. For further information about animal control, please contact 1-855-898-8605 or send an email.
- Dumping: Report the illegal dumping of garbage.
- Fill: Normal gardening practices such as top soil, mulch etc. would not fall under the Fill By-law. Anything beyond this requires a fill permit from the Engineering Department.
- Firearms/Hunting: Please check with the Municipal Law Enforcement Division before discharging firearms for the purpose of hunting, trapping or target shooting.
- Fires & Open Air Burning: Fire and open air burning is permitted with a burn permit from the Fire & Emergency Services Department
- Fireworks (Victoria and Canada Day): Discharging fireworks require a permit from the Fire & Emergency Services Department.
- Graffiti: Report Graffiti
- Noise: To report disruptive noise to the contact the Town's Customer Service Centre.
- Motorized Snow Vehicles: Motorized snow vehicles are not permitted in any public park or cemetery.
- Parking: The Town uses proactive and complaint based parking enforcement. Contact the By-law Department if you have a parking complaint and/or concern
- Property Standards: The Town uses complaint-based enforcement. All information is kept confidential. For any concerns contact the Town's Customer Service Centre.
- Signs (portable/temporary): Temporary sign permits are issued for special event advertising and/or Mobile Signs - Sign by-law
How to Make an Inquiry or Complaint
- Online: Complete our online feedback form
- By Phone: Contact our Customer Service Centre
If immediate assistance is required outside of our regular hours, please contact York Regional Police (non-emergencies only)