Dog licence tags help identify lost dogs and reunite them with their family as quickly as possible. Licencing your pet initiates responsible dog ownership and follows our by-law requirements.
If you have just moved here and your dog already has a tag, bring your current dog tag to the Customer Service Centre and we will exchange your dog's first tag at no cost.
What is the fee for a dog tag?
January 1 - February 29
|March 1 - Dec 31||$48.00|
|May 1 - September 30||$54.00 (sold door to door)|
|October 1 - December 31||No charge for new residents/new dogs|
Dog Licences are required under By-Law 2007-248-LI.
Refusing to purchase will result in a fine of $130.00 being charged to pet owner.
Where can I purchase a tag(s)?
- Online using our secure purchase form.
- In person at the Customer Service Centre, 111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville
- By mail: 111 Sandiford Dr, Stouffville ON L4A 0Z8
- Mail your completed Dog tag application form along with your cheque made payable to Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville. We will mail your tag(s) to you.
- Call Animal Control 1-855-898-8605
- At various Outlets and Vets within the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville:
|Global Pet Foods||5892 Main Street, #304|
|K9's in KaHoots||6389 Main Street|
|Pet Valu||24 West Lawn Cr|
|Name of Veterinary Clinics||Address|
|Ballantrae Animal Hospital||4942 Aurora Road|
|Ballantrae Plaza Vet Clinic||1 Felcher Boulevard|
|Stouffville Veterinary Clinic||5847 Main Street|
|Thicketwood Veterinary Clinic||6342 Main Street|
|Town & Country Animal Hospital||5208 Stouffville Road|
For other Fees or Charges for Services or Activities provided by the Town of Whitchurch Stouffville, please refer to our Current Fees & Charges By-law.