Accountability and Transparency
The municipality actively encourages and fosters public participation and openness in its decision-making processes and stands by the following guiding principles:
Accountability - the municipality will be responsible to the public for decisions made, actions or inactions, and policies implemented.
Transparency - the municipality's decision-making process is open and clear to the public.
In November 2007, Council adopted an Accountability and Transparency Policy, which sets out guidelines to ensure the Town's governance, operations and activities are accountable and transparent in nature.
In July 2015, the Accountability and Transperancy Policy, Administrative Procedure 59, was updated in response to changes to provincial legislation.
Service excellence and customer satisfaction are priorities for the Town. Our Public Complaint Policy outlines the process we take and service standards for handling public complaints.
- Approval of Operating and Capital Budgets with six-month variance reporting;
- Competitive procurement practices, as described in the Procurement Policy;
- Publication of Community and Annual Reports;
- Ongoing communications efforts with residents and businesses through the Town's website, weekly notices in local newspapers, electronic signs, media releases and eNews;
- Open public meetings to encourage input and foster participation; Accessibility and customer service goals;
- Sale and other disposition of surplus land by-law;
- Performance review programs;
- Customer satisfaction survey; and
- Complaint and feedback processes.
Code of Conduct
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville intends to implement a 'Council Code of Conduct.' This questionnaire is being issued to the public to gain a broader understanding of the Town's issues, thus allowing a 'Council Code of Conduct' to be aligned with what the public feels is important.
This questionnaire is anonymous. Please click the following link to access the survey: