Councillor Ken Ferdinands
Ward 1 - Councillor Ken Ferdinands
For purposes of representation on Council, the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is divided into six Wards. Through the municipal election process, Members of Council are elected to Whitchurch-Stouffville Town Council to represent each of the six Wards. Councillor Ferdinands represents Ward 1 for the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville. Ward 1 boundaries are as follows:
- North - Davis Drive from Highway 404 to Highway 48
- East - Highway 48 south to St John's Sideroad, then jogs west and continues south on McCowan Road to Vandorf Sideroad
- South - Vandorf Sideroad from McCowan Road to Highway 404
- West - Highway 404 from Vandorf Sideroad to Davis Drive
About Councillor Ferdinands
Ken Ferdinands has been a resident of Ward 1 and lived at his present address for more than thirty-five years. He is married to Colleen, a self-employed physiotherapist, who works in the community through the CCAC of York Region. Ken and Colleen have two adult daughters Karalyn and Kristen and four grandchildren.
Volunteer and Community Involvement
- Town Councillor for Ward 1 since 2003
- Board Member, Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
- Board Member, W-S Museum & Community Centre
- Former Board Member, Glenway Country Club
- Former member, Risk Management Committee, LSRCA
- Former member, York Environmental Stewardship Council
- Former member, Community Liaison Committee, York Regional Police
- Former Board Member Latcham Gallery
Education and Experience
Mr. Ferdinands holds degrees from the University of Toronto and Wilfred Laurier University. His area of specialization was Geography and Urban Studies.
Prior to becoming a Member of Council, Mr. Ferdinands was employed by the Toronto District School Board as a Head of Social Sciences. In addition, he was a Senior Administrator for the Scarborough Music Camp, a Program Department project of the TDSB. He held this position for over 28 years.