Large and Bulk Items>
The Town of Stouffville offers curbside pickup for a variety of large waste items. Some types of items can be included in your bi-weekly garbage pickup, while others, such as large metal appliances, require you to book a pickup time.
We may refuse to collect a large item if it impacts our drivers’ safety or collection operations. To ensure that we can safely and easily pick up large waste items, please:
- Bundle small loose pieces together
- Do not break down or separate large items if possible
- Drain toilets and separate them into two pieces (tank and bowl)
- Ensure there are no sharp edges, nails or screws sticking out of the item
- Remove glass from items, break it down and place it into a sturdy, sealed cardboard box, clearly labelled "broken glass" for collection
- Tie carpeting and linoleum in rolls no more than 1.2 m long and 50 lbs (maximum of 10 rolls per collection)
Large items we will pick up on regular garbage collection days include:
- Box springs
- Plastic lawn furniture
- Christmas trees
We will collect up to four large items per pickup. Extra garbage bags or large amounts of waste don’t count as large items. If you have a large amount of waste to dispose of, please take it to a waste and recycling depot.
Learn how to book a pickup time for large metal appliances and other large items that we don’t pick up on regular garbage collection days.
We do not pick up construction and demolition waste. Please drop off these materials at a waste and recycling depot. You may also donate good quality materials to a charitable organization.
Large item pickup is for residential properties only. Commercial establishments must take large and metal items to a waste and recycling depot
Direct all waste, recycling and composting inquiries to GFL Environmental Inc.:
Telephone: 1 (866) 421-5625
Email: Collection - Customer Service
111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville ON, CA